Solutions by Industry
- Smart Grid
- Oil and Gas Telemetry
- AVL and Asset Tracking
- Remote Irrigation Solutions
- SCADA and Telemetry
- Custom Wireless Design
- Utilities Management
- Weather Monitoring
Provide reliable wireless data products, offering exceptional performance and great value. By being a dedicated wireless partner, we ensure our products and services exceed the needs and expectations of our customers.
Wireless Data Radio Transceiver
Raveon's RV-M5 FireLine series of data radio modems are a high-speed FCC refarming compliant data radio designed for telemetry, wireless data, GPS, and remote control applications.
The RV-M5 series of radio modems are the easiest to use, most versatile, and most reliable data radio modems available. It is the only modem that supports BOTH Streaming Data and Packetized Operation. RS232 is standard, and RS485, RS422, and Ethernet IO are options.
Over-the-air remote diagnostics and modem management allow users to monitor system performance from any FireLine modem in the system.
- Oil and gas monitoring
- Industrial control and telemetry
- SCADA systems
- Public Safety
- Vehicle tracking and GPS systems
- Utilities Monitoring and Management
- Water and wastewater
- General Feature
- Integrated radio and modem
- 19200 bps in 25kHz9600 bps in a 12.5kHz channel.
- Very Small size. Very low power. (<100mA while receiving)
- RS232 standard, Ethernet, RS485 and RS422 options available.
- Outstanding Range. 5-30 miles typical.
- Easy to use, yet fully programmable.
- Real-time streaming data or Packetized operation - user configurable.
- Each modem is store-and-forward repeater capable.
- Automatic key-on-data operation.
- Utilizes AT commands to configure
- Sophisticated built-in diagnostics AND remote diagnostics.
- 32 bit CPU with base-band Digital Signal Processing for exceptional sensitivity
- Low-power modes for extended operation off of batteries or solar power.
- Programmable serial port baud rates, and flow-control.
- Automatic error correction
- Built-in automatic status monitoring of modem performance and DC input voltage.
- Compatible with MODBUS and DNP-3.
- RF Power Output 2 watts
- Maximum Duty Cycle 10% max. @ 2W
- Frequency Deviation ± 2.25kHz
- Occupied bandwidth 11 kHz
- TX Spurious outputs < -70dBc
- Occupied Bandwidth Per FCC
- FCC Emissions Designator 11K0F1D,
- RX sensitivity (.001% BER)
9600bps < -107dBm
2400bps < -114dBm
1200bps < -119dBm
- RX selectivity -50dB
- RX intermodulation rejection -65dB at 2400bps
- Serial Inter face Port
- Connector Type DB-9
- Voltage Levels RS-232 or CMOS std.
- RS485 or RS422 optional
- RX and TX data Transparent Async
- Word length 7 or 8 bits
- Format N, O, or E
- Modem handshake signals RTS, CTS, CD
RV-M5-V(datasheet) VHF narrow-band high-power data radio modem, 2 watts, RS232 I/O. FCC parts 22 and 90 compliant. FCC approval pending.
RV-M5-X(interface) FireLine data radio modem, RS232 I/O, for use with external radio transceiver.
Radio Manager (download) Radio Manager is a Windows XP/Vista software application that is used to configure Raveon's radio products. It is compatible with all Raveon models, and provides configuration management, as well as programming assistance, diagnostic information, and a helpful "band scope" feature. More...
User Manuals and Documentation:
RV-M5-V and RV-M5-U (.pdf) User manuals are available on-line. Click on this link to the left to download a pdf of the technical manual for the RV-M5-V and RV-M5-U series of modems.
RV-M5-M (.pdf) MURS Band User manuals are available on-line. Click on this link to the left to download a pdf of the technical manual.
Remote Management (pdf) Built into all FireLine modems, is a set of unique remote management and diagnostic capabilities. FireLine users are able to remotely read network statistics, configuration, and operating conditions of any FireLine modem in the system.
FireLine Competitive Features (pdf) Document AN125 describes the unique features of the FireLine wireless modem. Some of the FireLine's features are available in other company's products, but no other wireless modem on the market has as rich and complete set of a feature as Raveon's FireLine.
FireLine.dwg (.pdf) FireLine housing drawing in CAD format.More...
DC Power Cord
DC Power Cord. Note: Each RV-7 comes standard with one power cord included with each unit.