Solutions by Industry

Raveon's Mission

Provide reliable wireless data products, offering exceptional performance and great value. By being a dedicated wireless partner, we ensure our products and services exceed the needs and expectations of our customers.

FCC Frequency Coordination

Most of Raveon’s data radio modems operate on radio frequencies that are regulated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).  In order to transmit on these frequencies, you are required to have a license issued by the FCC. This article provides the information you need to obtain an FCC license for your organization

The FCC will has information to help you through the licensing process. You can find the basic information you need to begin the process at the FCC website. If you are engaged in Public Safety Radio Activities, you can go directly to:

Raveon customers desiring assistance with obtaining an FCC license may contact Raveon customer support. Raveon may be able to assist you with obtaining an FCC license for your system. For more information about how Raveon can assist you, go to our fcc-license-application.html page, or contact Raveon sales.

Licensees in the Industrial/Business Radio Pool are issued to radio users to support business operations. Their communications systems are used for support of day-to-day business activities, such as dispatching, AVL, and diverting personnel or work vehicles, coordinating the activities of workers and machines on location, or remotely monitoring and controlling equipment with data radio modems.  If you are a business, commercial, or institutional organization, you can go directly to:

Links to FCC Frequency Coordinators

Commercial Land Mobile

Manufacturers Radio Frequency Advisory Committee
899-A Harrison St., S.E.
Leesburg, VA 20175

Enterprise Wireless Alliance (EWA)*
2121 Cooperative Way, Suite 225
Herndon, Virginia 20171
Phone: 800-482-8282
Fax: 703-524-1074
Multicomm Sciences International, Inc.
266 West Main Street
Denville, NJ 07834
973-627-7400 ph 973-625-1002 fax
TCS Consultants, Inc.
PO Box 884
Montgomery, TX 77356
(936) 588-3200 Phone
(936) 588-4434 fax

Radio Licensing Services
4620 SE International Way, Suite 103
Milwaukie, OR 97222-4657
Phone: 800-304-8821
Fax: 503-794-3759


Pubic Safety

Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials, Inc. (APCO)
Automated Frequency Coordination Department
351 N. Williamson Blvd
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-1112
phone: 888-272-6911
fax: 386-322-2502

International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA)
758 N. Agave Way
Ivins, UT 84738
fax: 401-738-7336

Forestry Conservation Communications Association (FCCA)
Attention: Michael Hutton
FCCA National Office
122 Baltimore Street
Gettysburg, PA 17325
phone: 717-338-1505
fax: 717-334-5656

American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
c/o RadioSoft
8900 Dicks Hill Parkway
Toccoa, GA 30577
phone: 888-601-3676
fax: 706-754-2745

Forest Industries Telecommunications (FIT)
1565 Oak Street
Eugene, Oregon 97401
phone: 541-485-8441
fax: 541-485-7556
Enterprise Wireless Alliance (EWA)
Attn: Frequency Coordination Department
2121 Cooperative Way, Suite 225
Herndon, Virginia 20171
phone: 800-482-8282
fax: 703-524-1074

IMSA Frequency Coordination
758 North Agave Way
Ivins, UT 84738
Telephone: (401) 738-2220
Fax: (401) 738-7336


Useful FCC Licensing LInks

FCC Office of Engineering and Technology (OET)   This FCC office regulates the wireless services for FCC part 15, 22, 90, and 95 type product.   If you are engaged in public safety activities, you can go directly to this web site for FCC licensing information.   If you are a business, commercial, or institutional organization, this web site offers information on obtaining an FCC license.

Freq coordinators-below-800MHz  A list of frequency coordinators for radio services below 800MHz.  These frequency y coordinators can assist in obtaining FCC licenses.