Solutions by Industry
- Smart Grid
- Oil and Gas Telemetry
- AVL and Asset Tracking
- Remote Irrigation Solutions
- SCADA and Telemetry
- Custom Wireless Design
- Utilities Management
- Weather Monitoring
Provide reliable wireless data products, offering exceptional performance and great value. By being a dedicated wireless partner, we ensure our products and services exceed the needs and expectations of our customers.
Raveon's data radio products are well-suited for wireless telemetry, wireless SCADA, remote control and power grid management. VHF and UHF radio frequencies over very long range communication ability, and with the fastest transmit / receive turn around time in its class, hundreds of thousands of meters may be polled or report-in every day on a single radio channel.
Features such as store-and-forward repeating and MIMIC mode make the M7 data radio modem the right choice for your wireless telemetry system.
Raveon's Unique Features for Wireless Telemetry Applications
- Very fast Transmit-to-Receive turn around. 3mS attack time enables very fast polling. Wireless telemetry systems demand fast turn-around time, and Raveon radios are best in class at exchaning data.
- Easy to use. Plug-in, Turn-on, and GO. Transmit data in = Receive data out.
- Fast over the air data rates. 19200bps in 25kHz channel, 9600bps in 12.5kHz.
- Remote status monitoring including DC voltage, packet error statistics, modem “up time”, and receiver signal strength.
- RS-232 serial interface on all M7 radios. RS232 is standard, and RS422 and 485 options are available.
- Low Cost. Raveon's M7 series of wireless data modems are the most economical data radio modems on the market.
- Remote "PING" From any M7 modem, a user may send a "PING" to any other M7 data radio modem to find out the link signal strength. This allows quick diagnostics, easy antenna alignment, and reduced site visits.
- Lowest current draw in industry. MostRaveon wireless modems draw less than 90mA when fully operational, and some are less than 80mA.
- Wide input voltage with high-efficiency switching voltage regulator.
- Packetized AND Streaming Data. Integrated Packetized data protocol with error correction and built-in Streaming Real-Time operation. User selectable.
- ARQ error correction and retransmission capability. Totally transparent to the application, an M7 radio modem may be configured to automatically send an "ACL" packet in response to every data packet it receives.
- Capable of store-and-forward repeating operation. Any M7 radio modem may be configured as a store and forward repeater.
- Small size. Extruded aluminum enclosure is small, and very rugged.
- 16 bit addressing for up to 65,525 different unique device addresses per channel. Radio channels may be shared with no interference between users.
- Supports group and broadcast transmissions. Network mask allows groups of any size.
- Easily to configure. Raveon data radio modems are configured using “AT” commands through the modem’s serial port or by using Raveon's Windows-based Radio Managerconfiguration program. There is no need for a separate serial link to the modem to configure or manage it.
- RS-232 serial input and output. Programmable serial baud rates up to 115400 make Raveon radio modems compatible with most every PLC, PC, and HMI device made.
- Programmable over-the-air data rates. With the FireLine, you can choose how your system will work. Set the OTA data slower for extended communication range, or set it fast for lowest latency. Your choice.
- SkyLine compatibility mode for use in older Sonik radio systems.
M7s Series Wireless Modems
Ideal for SCADA and Telemetry applications, the M7 series of products features: 1/2-5 watts of RF output in the 450-480MHz (other bands available), range of 5-50 miles, ultra-fast T-R switching time of 3mS, store-and-forward repeater capability, remote “Ping” capability, voltage, temperature, and current monitoring, and RS232/422/485 interfaces available. Perfect for SCADA, remote control, telemetry, mobile-data, and AVL applications.