Raveon’s data radio products are well-suited for wireless telemetry, wireless SCADA, remote control and power grid management. VHF and UHF radio frequencies over very long range communication ability, and with the fastest transmit / receive turn around time in its class, hundreds of thousands of meters may be polled or report-in every day on a single radio channel.
Wireless SCADA and Telemetry use radio modems to connect The Master Controller to the Slave Device
Wireless Telemetry System (WTS) have Sensor Transmitters, Receivers, and Displays.
The WTS gives sensor manufacturers and system integrators the flexibility to build their own sensor modules that use radio modems for wireless communciation. The WTS easily replaces wired systems, reducing installation and maintenance costs.
WTS can be more secure and reliable because wires are not accessible. Wireless can also reduce system cost by using slaves that have built in radio modems.
And to save costs, keep efficient, and make easier to install and update, a wireless modem with built-in Slave Device such as Raveon’s RV-M21 Tech Series telemetry modems can do.
Raveon’s SCADA and Telemetry modems have been deployed in oil & gas fields and pipelines, irrigation systems, petrochemical processing plants, transportation monitoring systems, and municipal infrastructure to monitore and control systems, and a variety of other applications…
Auto Send input status and Mimic with a radio modem.
Raveon’s data radio products all have a “MIMIC” mode option that can be enabled to have one radio’s digital outputs mimic another radios digital inputs.
The MASTER radio modem reads its input pins and transmits them as often as you want.
The SLAVE radio modem receives the transmission from the MASTER, and outputs the MASTER’s input data via its output pins.
Our AES encryption and 16-bit ID addressing makes this secure and flexible. For more information see Application Note AN166.
Raveon’s Unique Features for Wireless Telemetry Applications
- Very fast Transmit-to-Receive turn around. 3mS attack time enables very fast polling. Wireless telemetry systems demand fast turn-around time, and Raveon radios are best in class at exchanging data.
- Easy to use. Plug-in, Turn-on, and GO. Transmit data in = Receive data out.
- Fast over the air data rates. 19200bps in 25kHz channel, 9600bps in 12.5kHz.
- Remote status monitoring including DC voltage, packet error statistics, modem “up time”, and receiver signal strength.
- RS-232 serial interface on all M7 radios. RS232 is standard, and RS422 and 485 options are available.
- Low Cost. Raveon’s M7 series of wireless data modems are the most economical data radio modems on the market.
- Remote “PING” From any M7 modem, a user may send a “PING” to any other M7 data radio modem to find out the link signal strength. This allows quick diagnostics, easy antenna alignment, and reduced site visits.
- Lowest current draw in industry. MostRaveon wireless modems draw less than 90mA when fully operational, and some are less than 80mA.
- Wide input voltage with high-efficiency switching voltage regulator.
- Packetized AND Streaming Data. Integrated Packetized data protocol with error correction and built-in Streaming Real-Time operation. User selectable.
- ARQ error correction and retransmission capability. Totally transparent to the application, an M7 radio modem may be configured to automatically send an “ACL” packet in response to every data packet it receives.
- Capable of store-and-forward repeating operation. Any M7 radio modem may be configured as a store and forward repeater.
- Small size. Extruded aluminum enclosure is small, and very rugged.
- 16 bit addressing for up to 65,525 different unique device addresses per channel. Radio channels may be shared with no interference between users.
- Supports group and broadcast transmissions. Network mask allows groups of any size.
- Easily to configure. Raveon data radio modems are configured using “AT” commands through the modem’s serial port or by using Raveon’s Windows-based Radio Managerconfiguration program. There is no need for a separate serial link to the modem to configure or manage it.
- RS-232 serial input and output. Programmable serial baud rates up to 115400 make Raveon radio modems compatible with most every PLC, PC, and HMI device made.
- Programmable over-the-air data rates. With the FireLine, you can choose how your system will work. Set the OTA data slower for extended communication range, or set it fast for lowest latency. Your choice.
- SkyLine compatibility mode for use in older Sonik radio systems.
M7s Series Wireless Modems
Ideal for SCADA and Telemetry applications, the M7 series of products features: 1/2-5 watts of RF output in the 450-480MHz (other bands available), range of 5-50 miles, ultra-fast T-R switching time of 3mS, store-and-forward repeater capability, remote “Ping” capability, voltage, temperature, and current monitoring, and RS232/422/485 interfaces available. Perfect for SCADA, remote control, telemetry, mobile-data, and AVL applications. More Info…
RV-M21 Tech Series Telemetry modems with Slaves
The Tech Series comes with multiple front interface options. Telemetry Slave options, and reliable secure wireless data modems in VHF, UHF, and ISM bands.
RV-M8 OEM modem modules
The RV-M8 OEM radio modem modules can be embedded inside your products to communicate over many miles, turning things like valves, pumps, and lights on and off, or reading the status of them or switches.
For License Free Data Radios
All Raveon License Free OEM radio radio modems can also be used within the M22 Tech Series enclosure.
The Tech Series design allows for interchangeable front I/O panels, so you can connect to your system in a myriad of differing ways. One other new feature is our more rugged power connector, designed to stay connected through even more extreme conditions.
Front panned IO options are RS-232, RS-485, RS-422, USB, GPIO, and Flexible IO.
Band Options: EC: 902-928 MHz (North/South America) ED: 863-870 MHz (Europe) EF: 779-787 MHz (China) For more information about licenses free RF click here.