Raveon’s data radio products are well-suited for wireless SCADA and telemetry. Wireless SCADA systems are common for telemetry, remote control, and power grid management. VHF and UHF radio frequencies over very long range communication ability, and with the fastest transmit / receive hundreds of thousands of meters and may be polled or report-in every day on a single radio channel.
Wireless SCADA and Telemetry use radio modems to connect The Master Controller to the Slave Device.
Keep efficient and save costs, and make easier to install and update. A wireless modem with built-in Slave Device such as Raveon’s RV-M21 Tech Series telemetry modems can do.
The RV-M21 RTU with the GPIO interface:
Raveon’s Unique Features for Wireless SCADA
- Easy to use. Plug-in, Turn-on, and GO. Transmit data in = Receive data out.
- Remote status monitoring including DC voltage, packet error statistics, modem “up time”, and receiver signal strength.
- GPIO (General Purpose IO) interface options to have the radio modem be your RTU.
- RS-232 serial interface on all M7 radios. RS232 is standard, and RS422 and 485 options are available.
- Low Cost. Raveon’s M7 series of wireless data modems are the most economical data radio modems on the market.
- Remote “PING” From any M7 modem, a user may send a “PING” to any other M7 data radio modem to find out the link signal strength. This allows quick diagnostics, easy antenna alignment, and reduced site visits.
- Wide input voltage with high-efficiency switching voltage regulator.
- Capable of store-and-forward repeating operation. Any M21, M8, M7, M6 radio modem may be configured as a store and forward repeater.
- Small size. Extruded aluminum enclosure is small, and very rugged.
- RS-232 serial input and output. Programmable serial baud rates up to 115400 make Raveon radio modems compatible with most every PLC, PC, and HMI device made.
- Programmable over-the-air data rates. You can choose how your system will work. Set the OTA data slower for extended communication range, or set it fast for lowest latency. Your choice.
- MODBUS messaging. The GPIO and FIO interface IO pins can controlled with MODBUS RTU messages.
M7s Series Wireless Modems
Ideal for SCADA and Telemetry applications. M7 radio modems have many features for telemetry systems: 1/2-5 watts of RF output for private radio networks in the 150-174MHz, or 450-480MHz bands (other bands available).
A communication range of 5-60 miles, fast T-R switching time, store-and-forward repeater capability, AES data encryption, and RS232/422/485 interfaces available.
Perfect modems for SCADA, remote control, telemetry, mobile-data, MODBUS RTU communications, and AVL applications. More Info…
RV-M21 Tech Series Telemetry modems with Slaves
The Tech Series modems comes with multiple front interface options.
Telemetry Slave options with the GPIO and FIO interface. Reliable secure wireless data modems in VHF, UHF, and ISM bands.
RV-M8 OEM modem module
The RV-M8 is an OEM radio modem module used to communicate over many miles.
Us this to manage your things like valves, pumps, and lights on and off, or reading the status of them or switches.