The Tech Series modems are high performance, rugged, modular data radio modems available for use on any of the UHF, VHF, 220MHz, or 916MHz bands. With its field-configurable I/O interface, the Tech Series can be configured for RS-232, RS-422, RS485, USB, GPIO, FIO or Analog interfaces in house or in the field as needed.
It is over-the-air compatible with Raveon’s 5-watt RV-M7 series of data radios. The over-the-air protocol has many data radio features to make your system reliable and versatile. These radios are Easy To Use, and have 100+ features in them such as 16-bit ID codes, EAS data encryption, store-forward repeating, and many others. The have a myriad of IO options on the Tech Series enclosure.
A Myriad of Input / Output Options
The Tech Series comes with many different field re-configurable, front interface options. Any of the following interface boards can be easily and quickly switched in or out of any Tech Series radio at any time:
- RS-232 Serial Port
- RS-422 Serial Port
- RS-485 Serial Port
- USB Serial Port
- GPIO General Purpose IO and UART Serial
- Analog Radio inputs and outputs.
- FIO Flexible digital IO pins and digital UART.
To learn more about flexible I/O for the Tech Series, click here.
Embedded Wireless Modem
Raveon’s OEM smart radios such as the M8, M6, Daisy or Z50 radio modem can be used as a Tech Series modem, giving any Raveon modem all the smart benefits and features available. Tech Series modems can communicate with Raveon’s M7 series modems. For more info on the uses of the and M8 OEM radio module, click here. Its advanced data processing architecture allows high data throughput on narrow band channels (12.5kHz, 7.5kHz and 6.25 kHz channels). The Tech Series incorporates a wide range of high performance radio modules which meet the requirements of domestic and international regulatory agencies.
The Tech Series have many features and functions, making them great for all systems.
- Selectable operating modes for transparent, packet data operation, GPS tracking, SCADA, and TDMA.
- High speed narrow-band channels
- Addressed communications for devices not directly addressable, broadcasing, and group messaging.
- Store-and-forward data repeating for wide area coverage. Repeaters can be configured to repeat all or groups.
- A myriad of data ports and IO options.
- Supports data activation (three wire) and RTS/CTS handshake protocols
- WMX protocol may be enabled for more flexible serial data communications.
- Powerful network diagnostics for non-intrusive monitoring of all radio and data network functions
- Bit error rate (BER) monitoring of all communications. Output data is error free.
- Data can be encrypted for security.
- All radios have ID codes for easily managing communications
- RF output power level can be configured as needed.
- Programmable carrier detect threshold.
- Simple to use. Send data in on, and it will come out another.
- PC configurable. Free Radio Manager software to manage the settings, or just go into the command mode and setup the unit.
- The GPS option is for GPS tracking, and has optimized TDMA to quickly track thousands of things without an RF interference.
- The GPS tracks location, speed, heading, altitude, voltage, status, vibration, and temperature.
Rugged Power Connector
The Tech Series incorporate a new power connector that works more efficiently and is more rugged than ever before. Designed to take all the abuse any radio of ours may have to endure, the new M8 type power connector is built to stay connected through the most harsh conditions.
Many RF Band Options
Different bands are for many different countries or Government Organizations.
UA 400-434 MHz
UB 430-450 MHz
UC 450-480 MHz (Conventional UHF commercial radio band)
UD 470-512 MHz
UJ 380-400 MHz
VA 132-155 MHz
VB 150-175 MHz (Conventional VHF radio band)
VC 216-222 MHz (Positive Train Control)
EC 902-928 MHz (ISM Band)
ED 863-870 MHz
EF 779-787 MHz
The variety of band options is available because may countries and many government agencies utilize many different frequency bands. If for some reason, you need a radio in a different band, feel free to contact Raveon sales and request a custom band.
The M22 and M21 Tech Series enclosure Technical Manual. click here: RV-M21_andM22_TechManual (PDF)
The 5W RF board used in VHF and UHF version of the M21 Tech Series is the RV-M8 module. The RV-M8S_TechManual pDF.