Raveon’s Unique Features for SCADA Applications
- High-speed over the air data rates. 19200bps in 25kHz channel, 9600bps in 12.5kHz.
- Remote status monitoring including DC voltage, packet error statistics, modem “up time”, and receiver signal strength.
- RS-232, RS422, RS485 on all M7 radios. RS232 is standard, and RS422 and 485 options are available.
- Very fast Transmit-to-Receive turn around. 3mS attack time enables very fast polling in your wireless telemetry system.
- Easy to use. Plug-in, Turn-on, and GO. Transmit data in = Receive data out.
- Low Cost. Raveon’s M7 series of wireless data modems are the most economical data radio modems on the market.
- Remote “PING” From any modem, a user may send a “PING” to any other radio modem to find out the link signal strength. This allows quick diagnostics, easy antenna alignment, and reduced site visits.
- Lowest current draw in industry. Most Raveon wireless modems draw less than 90mA when fully operational, and some are less than 80mA.
- Wide input voltage with high-efficiency switching voltage regulator.
- Packetized AND Streaming Data. Integrated Packetized data protocol with error correction and built-in Streaming Real-Time operation. User selectable.
- ARQ error correction and re-transmission capability. Totally transparent to the application.
- Capable of store-and-forward repeating operation.
- Small size. Extruded aluminum enclosure is small, and very rugged.
- 16 bit addressing for up to 65,525 different unique device addresses per channel. Radio channels may be shared with no interference between users.
- Supports group and broadcast transmissions. Network mask allows groups of any size.
- Easily to configure. FireLine modems are configured using “AT” commands through the modem’s serial port or by using Raveon’s Windows-based Radio Manager configuration program. There is no need for a separate serial link to the modem to configure or manage it.
- RS-232 serial input and output. Programmable serial baud rates up to 115400 make the FireLine compatible with most every PLC, PC, and HMI device made.
- Programmable over-the-air data rates. With the FireLine, YOU can choose how your system will work. Set the OTA data slower for extended communication range, or set it fast for lowest latency. Your choice.
- SkyLine compatibility mode for use in older Sonik radio systems.
M7s Series Wireless Modems
Ideal for SCADA and Telemetry applications, the M7 series of products features: 1/2-5 watts of RF output in the 450-480MHz (other bands available), range of 5-50 miles, ultra-fast T-R switching time of 3mS, store-and-forward repeater capability, remote “Ping” capability, voltage, temperature, and current monitoring, and RS232/422/485 interfaces available. Perfect for SCADA, remote control, telemetry, mobile-data, and AVL applications.
Tech Series Wireless Radios
Raveons Techseries M8 radios have Range capabilities of up to 50 miles for GPS tracking, data communications and SCADA. The M8 also has an even faster turn around time then the M7, and an interchangeable front I/O panel. The M8 has a new power connector that is more rugged and fits better than the M7’s phoenix connectors.
Raveons Daisy modem comes as either a cellular modem, or a FCC licensed radio modem on either UHF or VHF bands. The Daisy modem is Raveons most compact design yet, small enough you could even use this on most drones with little to no affect on the drone itself. The Daisy modem is perfect for linking together multiple devices that would otherwise need to be wired together.