A Remote Zone Node (RZN) is for modern SCADA and Telemetry systems with general purpose control capability in a compact, cost-effective package.
Reduce your system cost by using Remote Notes With Wireless modems built in.
Switched AC and DC power connections and Flexible IOs
User Wires (Ethernet, RS485, USB) or use Wireless (ISM, LoRa, UHF, VHF)
Optically Isolated switched power outputs and reverse power protected.
The RZN is a Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) used to monitor and control a variety of devices and systems. An RTU is similar to a programmable logic circuit (PLC) but has more in-depth functionality. A key component of a the RZN is the ability to send and receive real-time data.
Things to use RZN to do
- Control DC powered lights. Switch lights that need up to 30-40watts.
- Meteorological Instrument Functions to measure weather.
- Control AC powered lights if the low-voltage AC is within spec. Of switch an external AC power relay on and off.
- Connect buttons to the SW pins to detect switches and report switch condition.
- Smart Cities can use the RZN to control the things in the city they need to smartly manage.
- To connect things to internet cloud servers or your private servers, the Ethernet or wireless connections can pass the status of switches and sensors to your servers.
- Control valves and pumps. Turn on and off irrigation devices.
- Monitor water sensors, and report their status and report emergency information.
- Monitor analog sensors such as temperature, pressure, current, voltage,… connect them to the Analog inputs
Use the Remote Zone Node (RZN) to control your devices with Ethernet connectivity or Long range wireless.
The RZN can control and also relay messages onward to very remote areas with more RZNs in them.
Efficiently Control Nodes All Around a CITY, STATE, or COUNTRY.
Remote Zone Node Features
- Wired or Wireless Connection to your network.
- RF Frequency Bands: UHF, VHF, MURS, ISM, LoRa
- Interface: RS485, Ethernet USB (or change to WiFi)
- Output power is 0.5W to 5 Watts
- Commutations can be secured and encrypted.
- It has 8 optically Isolated relays, 8 General Purpose IOs.
- Input DC 12~30V Over voltage and reverse voltage protected.
- LED status displays.
Connecting a Remote Node in a Remote Area
In Remote Areas, have one, dozens, or thousands of Nodes communicating through one connection.
Connection Methods Available with the RZN
Link one Remote Zone Node (RZN) to your Master Controller any way you want.
- Wired Ethernet connection.
- USB link to a PC or smart device.
- Wireless ISM band (license free) using LoRa technology
- Wireless VHF narrow-band data radio.
- Wireless UHF narrow band data radio.
- Wired RS485 serial interface.
All of these options are available within the RZN. Choose the one you want.
The data encryption feature may be enabled on wireless communication. When secure data is enabled, the product will encrypt transmissions using AES128 encryption.
Inputs, Outputs, and Switches
Power Control, (Switched Voltage)
The RZN has 8 switched power outputs connections.You can also provide the input power that will be switched.
DC input 2 – 30 volts DC. AC input 2 – 32V AC.
The 8 outputs will switch as configured and controlled by the commands. One open Collector switched output pin. LEDs on the RZN show switch status on or off.
Besides the Switched Voltage, there are additional Flexible IOs such as
- 4 Digital inputs. TTL for binary inputs.
- 4 Digital outputs. TTL binary output bits.
- 2 Analog input. 0-6V, 4-20mA option.
- 2 Analog inputs, 0-6V.
- 2 robust Switch sensors. Switch Grounds.
- 1 DC power out, same as in, switchable.
- Digital DC voltage output, 5V, or 3.3V.
Meteorological Instrument Functions
External temperature sensors can be connect to analog inputs. Meteorological sensors utilize analog inputs.
Rain gauge connects to digital input. Wind speed connect to digital inputs, status, frequency, duration can be read remotely. Wind direction anemometer connects to analog input. The Analog to Digital converter (ADC) input voltage is 0-50V, and input impedance is 10k-20k Ω. ADC accuracy 0.1 to 2.5%
If you need some other voltage range, accuracy, or special interface, we will be glad to work with you to make a version to meet your needs.
Methods to Control the Switched Voltage Outputs
The RZN makes remote automation and monitoring of your complex processes robust and cohesive by connecting across a variety of communication methods and data protocols.
- Send Commands via Ethernet, Serial port, USB port, or Wireless network
- Turn on and turn off commands.
- Reset to defaults if the power is cycled.
- Internal timers and counters setup to manage Outputs
- Turn off after XX milliseconds.
- Turn on for XX milliseconds
- Command protocols (Contact sales to incorporate you protocol).