Raveon’s RV-M22 Tech Series radio modems are miniature industrial-grade, high-speed, data radios designed for telemetry, SCADA, AVL, wireless data, mobile-data and remote control applications.
Designed by Raveon, and built in America, for long-range reliable communication using high-performance LoRa RF technology.
For outstanding communication range, the FCC approve ISM band 915MHz spread spectrum LoRa radio technology is used in this Tech Series Enclosure.
M22 License Free Radio Bands
- ISM Band 915 MHz License Free RV-M22S-EC (RV-M50 LoRa radio)
- Raveon also has a VHF Narrow band RV-M22S-VB modem on license free MURS channels that uses the (RV-M6 OEM modem)
Raveon’s data radio transceivers have good data throughput in wireless systems. Included in each unit, are advanced networking, error correction, and diagnostics. The M22S is the most efficient and economical data radio available. The Optional internal GPS ( GX option) enables the M22G to transmit its position, data, and status (voltage, speed, heading, temperature, I/O bits.) a pre-set intervals using either conventional carrier-sense methods or with efficient TDMA channel access. A GPS tracking system built with M22G transceivers, can track up to 20 radios with one-second updates or 200 with 10-second updated.
The RV-M22S-EC with a myriad of IO options is the fastest most efficient license free radio available. See details on its GPS tracking and TDMA abilities.
The Industrial, Scientific, and Medical (ISM) frequency bands are radio frequency bands as defined by ITU Radio Regulations.
The 902 to 928 MHz is the long-range band this radio uses.
Raveon’s supplies Smart Modems for flexible ISM-band transceivers with a myriad of options and features. Our ISM band M50 radio modems also incorporate LoRa wireless technology in the M50 used in this Tech Series Enclosure.
The M22 enclosure leads the industry in many areas including technology, features, and price. It is one of the smallest data radios in its class. It is one of the most rugged data radios made. It is a low-power-consumption radios. And its price will pleasantly surprise you.
The radio modem modules inside the RV-M22 enclosure are available for OEM use. The RV-M50 LoRa radio is the miniature ISM band License Free OEM radio modem module used in this enclosure.
The Tech Series enclosure has a myriad of IO options:
- GPIO (digital, voltage reading, Switched DC out)
- FIO (digital IO)
Markets and Applications for this Data Modem:
Here are examples where Raveon’s wireless modems are used:
Mobile and Fleet Communications
- Differential GPS Navigation
- Computer Aided Dispatch
- Remote Data Base Access
- Traffic Monitoring and Control
Industrial Data Communications
- Oil and Gas Field Monitoring
- Irrigation Control
- Environmental Control and Monitoring
- Water and Waste Water Management
- Security / Alarm System Management
- Factory Automation
- Proximity Alerting and Speed monitoring.
- Race Car Monitoring in Real time.
- Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL)
- Differential GPS Navigation
- Differential and RTK Survey Corrections
Features of this Lost-Cost miniature License Free Data Radio Modem
Here is a list of the main features in an RV-M22 data radio modem:
- Selectable operating modes for transparent, packet data operation, GPS tracking, SCADA, and TDMA.
- DSSS modulatoin, 500+ kHz transmission bandwidth and frequency hipping spread spectrum can be enabled also.
- License Free version (RV-M22s-EC) uses the LoRa Technology for Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum DSSS over-air RF links
- Secure and reliable data communications. A reliable modem is build into this product, so use this to send and receive your data.
- Long-range wireless. These radios will work reliable 1-10 miles, or more, depending on the terrain.
- Foreword Error Correction (FEC) keeps data reliable and CRC ensures no data errors come out.
- Addressed communications for devices not directly addressable, broadcasting, and group messaging.
- Store-and-forward data repeating for wide area coverage. Repeaters can be configured to repeat all or groups.
- WMX protocol may be enabled for more flexible serial data communications.
- Data can be encrypted for security using AES128 encryption.
- RF output power level can be configured as needed.
- The GPSoption is for GPS tracking, and has optimized TDMA to quickly track thousands of things without an RF interference.
- GNSS tracking can use GPS, GLONASS and GALILEO modes. The GPS tracks: location, speed, heading, altitude, voltage, status, vibration, and temperature.
- With GPIO and FIO interfaces, the RV-M22 can process MODBUS messages to control the IOs as a complete RTU.
- MIMIC mode feature can MIMIC inputs to outputs between two version over many miles, and remote status is also displayed. AN162 M2x & module MIMIC Mode.
- Wide DC power input range, 10 to 28 volts DC input.
This product was designed by Raveon here in California.
It is also built here in California.
- Integrated radio and modem
- Built in data encryption.
- High throughput.
- Very Small size: 4.60” X 2.60” X .956 (11.7cm X 6.6cm X 2.43cm)
- Outstanding Range. 1-10 miles typical, 20 miles is reliable.
- Easy to use, yet fully programmable with may features you can enable.
- Real-time streaming data or Packetized operation – user configurable.
- Each modem is store-and-forward repeater capable.
- Internal GPS available. Programmable update rate.
- Sophisticated built-in diagnostics AND remote diagnostics. Monitored: DC voltage, Current, and temperature
- 32 bit CPU with base-band Digital Signal Processing for exceptional sensitivity
- Low-power modes for extended operation off of batteries or solar power
- Programmable serial port baud rates, and flow-control
- Automatic error correction and FEC and configurable spreading factors.
- Built-in automatic status monitoring of modem performance and DC input voltage
- Compatible with MODBUS and DNP-3
Frequency Bands Available
- Frequency Bands……………. EC – 902-928MHz License Free in USA .…………………………………. ED – 863-870…………………………………. EF – 779-787
This RV-M22 radio utilize the RV-M50 radio modem module.
See the module’s data sheets for the RF performance specifications.
Data Sheets of the Modules used in the RV-M22:
RV-M50 Datasheet (PDF) for the M50 LoRa radio modem
RV-M6 Datasheet (PDF) for the M6 radio modem
RV-M21_andM22_TechManual has information about the Tech Series Enclosure
AN205(LoRa Technolgy) (pdf) The LoRa protocol information.
AN224(UWORC) Universal Wireless OEM (UWORC) interface on the M50 modem module.
AN162 M2x & module MIMIC Mode. (pdf) The M22 Tech Series data radio modems in MIMIC mode.
AN181 Reloading Firmware. Summary of the firmware updating process