Raveon’s RV-M22 Tech Series radio modems are miniature industrial-grade, high-speed, data radios designed for telemetry, SCADA, AVL, wireless data, mobile-data and remote control applications. Designed by Raveon for long-range reliable communication using high-performance RF circuitry and filters to data communications up to 19.2k bps on a 25kHz channel, 9.6k bps on a 12.5kHz channel., or 4.8k on 6.25k channel. It is feature-rich.
M22 Radio Bands and (Modem Module Used)
- ISM Band 915 MHz License Free RV-M22S-EC (RV-M50 LoRa radio)
- VHF Narrow band RV-M22S-VB IF bandwidth: 6.25kHz, 12kHz, 25kHz, RF Power: 100mW-2Watts (RV-M6 OEM modem)
- UHF Narrow band RV-M22S-UC IF bandwidth: 6.25kHz, 12kHz, 25kHz, RF Power: 100mW-2Watts (RV-M6 OEM modem)
Raveon’s data radio transceivers increases data throughput in narrow-band wireless systems. Included in each unit, are advanced networking, error correction, and diagnostics. The M22S is the most efficient and economical data radio available. The Optional internal GPS ( GX option) enables the M22G to transmit its position, data, and status (voltage, speed, heading, temperature, I/O bits.) a pre-set intervals using either conventional carrier-sense methods or with efficient TDMA channel access. A GPS tracking system built with M22G transceivers, can track up to 20 radios with one-second updates or 200 with 10-second updated. The M22 is the fastest most efficient UHF AVL radio available. See details on its GPS tracking and TDMA abilities.
The M22 leads the industry in many areas including technology, features, and price. It is one of the smallest data radios in its class. It is one of the most rugged data radios made. It is one of the lowest power-consumption radios available. And its price will pleasantly surprise you. The radio modem modules inside the RV-M22 enclosure are available for OEM use. The RV-M6 OEM module is the miniature 2 watts radio modem.
The Tech Series enclosure has a myriad of IO options:
- GPIO (digital, voltage reading, Switched DC out)
- FIO (digital IO)
Markets and Applications for this Data Modem:
Here are examples where Raveon’s wireless modems are used:
Mobile and Fleet Communications
- Differential GPS Navigation
- Computer Aided Dispatch
- Remote Data Base Access
- Traffic Monitoring and Control
Industrial Data Communications
- Oil and Gas Field Monitoring
- Irrigation Control
- Environmental Control and Monitoring
- Water and Waste Water Management
- Security / Alarm System Management
- Factory Automation
- Proximity Alerting and Speed monitoring.
- Race Car Monitoring in Real time.
- Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL)
- Differential GPS Navigation
- Differential and RTK Survey Corrections
Features of this Lost-Cost miniature Data Radio Modem
Here is a list of the main features in an RV-M22 data radio modem:
- Selectable operating modes for transparent, packet data operation, GPS tracking, SCADA, and TDMA.
- High speed narrow-band channels, IF bandwidths: 6.25kHz, 12kHz, 25kHz
- License Free version (RV-M22s-EC) uses the LoRa Technology for Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum DSSS over-air RF links
- Secure and reliable data communications. A reliable modem is build into this product, so use this to send and receive your data.
- Long-range wireless. These radios will work reliable 1-10 miles, or more, depending on the terrain.
- Addressed communications for devices not directly addressable, broadcasting, and group messaging.
- Store-and-forward data repeating for wide area coverage. Repeaters can be configured to repeat all or groups.
- Reliable Packet mode, and TDMA timing with GPS
- A Streaming Mode feature to not use packets, and stream your raw data fast over the air.
- WMX protocol may be enabled for more flexible serial data communications.
- Data can be encrypted for security using AES128 encryption.
- RF output power level can be configured as needed.
- The GPS option is for GPS tracking, and has optimized TDMA to quickly track thousands of things without an RF interference.
- GNSS tracking can use GPS, GLONASS and GALILEO modes. The GPS tracks: location, speed, heading, altitude, voltage, status, vibration, and temperature.
- With GPIO and FIO interfaces, the RV-M22 can process MODBUS messages to control the IOs as a complete RTU.
- Wide DC power input range, 10 to 28 volts DC input.
This product was designed by Raveon here in California.
It is Made in America, built here in California by Raveon.
- Integrated radio and modem
- Programmable 1/2 to 2 watts RF output.
- Built in data encryption.
- High throughput. 19200 bps in a 25kHz channel, 9600 bps in a 12.5kHz channel.
- Very Small size: 4.60” X 2.60” X .956 (11.7cm X 6.6cm X 2.43cm)
- Outstanding Range. 5-20 miles typical
- Easy to use, yet fully programmable
- Real-time streaming data or Packetized operation – user configurable
- Each modem is store-and-forward repeater capable
- Internal GPS available. Programmable update rate
- Standard Carrier-sense channel access or TDMA, user selectable
- Sophisticated built-in diagnostics AND remote diagnostics. Monitored: DC voltage, Current, and temperature
- 32 bit CPU with base-band Digital Signal Processing for exceptional sensitivity
- Low-power modes for extended operation off of batteries or solar power
- Programmable serial port baud rates, and flow-control
- Automatic error correction
- Built-in automatic status monitoring of modem performance and DC input voltage
- Compatible with MODBUS and DNP-3
Frequency Bands Available
- VHF MURS Band………………..RV-M22S-VM
- 403-434MHz……………………… RV-M7-UA
- 419-440MHz……………………… RV-M7-UB
- 450-480MHz……………………… RV-M7-UC
- 470-512MHz……………………… RV-M7-UD
- 902-928MHz …………………….. ISM Band, License Free
The RV-M22 radios utilize the RV-M6 and RV-M50 radio modem modules.
See the module’s data sheets for the RF performance specifications.