Raveon’s M7 series radios are well-suited for underground mine radio data communications. With the fastest Transmit / Receive turn around time in the VHF/UHF radio modem business, your polled telemetry system will operate fast and efficient within an underground data system using a pair of cables one of which is a radiating cable the other a “receiving cable”. – a setup commonly referred to as a “leaky feeder system“. “Radiating Cable” implies that the cable is designed to radiate or absorb RF signals: something that coaxial cable is not generally supposed to do. More info here.
Ravtrack for the Mining Industry
Raveon’s Ravtrack GPS tracking software has been improved with many features to specifically help out our systems setup in the mining industry. RavTrack PC software enables mining operations to track and monitor in real time all their important assets and personnel to ensure that mining operations and equipment are being used effectively.
Some Ravtrack features include:
- Full featured tools that enable mining operations and management to monitor all their heavy machinery equipment.
- Driver and operator Fatigue monitoring to ensure employee safety when operating equipment and driving vehicles.
- Two way text messaging via MDT.
- RFID tags for identifying which operators are using which equipment or vehicles and where and for how long.
- We can even track individual mining pit staff and visitors directly from a location using our newly released RavTrack PC software.
MDT (Mobile Data Terminal)
Raveons Mobile Data Terminal (MDT), the WayWORD can be used in any of our systems to offer a wide variety of features to the crew and equipment being tracked. The WayWORD terminal comes with 8 status and event reporting buttons that are completely customize-able as to what they report. This Terminal allows for easy and quick communication around the mine.
- Text Messaging
- Driver Identification (using personal RFID tags)
- Status reporting (using the 8 keypad buttons and multi-button combinations)
- Event reporting (using the customize-able 8 keypad buttons)
Spectrum Fatigue, a South Africa based company focused on the mining industry has successfully integrated the MR688 with Raveon’s RV-M7 series wireless GPS/data transponder for its driver fatigue management solution. The MR688 monitors the driver’s eyes for abnormal closure, indicating the driver may be overly fatigued, and sets an alarm condition accordingly. The integration, using the digital output from the MR688 connected to the related digital input on the Raveon real-time GPS transponder, allows the transponder to transmit every Alarm/Siren from the MR688 to the mine site remote control room environment, along with precise position information, and immediately pinpoints the driver and vehicle of concern on an operational map of the site.
Raveon’s Mine Radio Solutions Feature
- RS232, RS422, and RS485 serial interfaces
- Easy to use with built-in smart radio modem. Data In = Data Out.
- Works with MODBUS, DNP, and most serial SCADA protocols.
- 1/2-5 watts of RF output in the 450-480MHz (other bands available)
- Ultra-fast T-R switching time of 3mS
- Store-and-forward repeater capability
- Exceeding all FCC part 22 and 90 requirements
- Remote “Ping” capability
Raveon has a complete line of real-time GPS tracking products for open-pit min tracking, monitoring, and safety.
See all of Raveon’s GPS tracking products on our GPS Tracking website here: www.ravtrack.com