The Tech Series modems are high performance, rugged, modular data radio modems available for use on any of the UHF, VHF, 220MHz, or 916MHz bands. With its field-configurable I/O interface, the Tech Series can be configured for RS-232, RS-422, RS485, USB, GPIO or Analog interfaces in house or in the field as needed. It is over-the-air compatible with Raveon’s 5-watt RV-M7 series of data radios.
Interchangeable Input / Output
The Tech Series comes with multiple field re-configurable, front interface options. Any of the following interface boards can be easily and quickly switched in or out of any Tech Series radio at any time:
To learn more about flexible I/O for the Tech Series, click here.
To learn more about the Tech Series product lines other capabilities click here. (PDF)
Embedded Wireless Modem
Any M-8, Daisy or Z-50 radio modem can be used as a Tech Series modem, giving any Raveon modem all the benefits and features available. Tech Series modems can communicate with Raveon’s M7 series modems. For more info on the uses of the and M8, click here. Its advanced data processing architecture allows high data throughput on narrow band channels (12.5kHz, 7.5kHz and 6.25 kHz channels). The Tech Series incorporates a wide range of high performance radio modules which meet the requirements of domestic and international regulatory agencies.
The Tech Series have many features and functions, making them great for all systems.
- Selectable operating modes for transparent, packet data operation, GPS tracking, SCADA, and TDMA.
- High speed narrow-band channels
- Addressed communications for devices not directly addressable, broadcasing, and group messaging.
- Store-and-forward data repeating for wide area coverage. Repeaters can be configured to repeat all or groups.
- A myriad of data ports and IO options.
- Supports data activation (three wire) and RTS/CTS handshake protocols
- Powerful network diagnostics for non-intrusive monitoring of all radio and data network functions
- Bit error rate (BER) monitoring of all communications. Output data is error free.
- Data can be encrypted for security.
- All radios have ID codes for easily managing communications
- RF output power level can be configured as needed.
- Programmable carrier detect threshold.
- Simple to use. Send data in on, and it will come out another.
- PC configurable. Free Radio Manager software to manage the settings, or just go into the command mode and setup the unit.
Rugged Power Connector
The Tech Series incorporate a new power connector that works more efficiently and is more rugged than ever before. Designed to take all the abuse any radio of ours may have to endure, the new M8 type power connector is built to stay connected through the most harsh conditions.
Many RF Band Options
Different bands are for many different countries or Government Organizations.
UA 400-434 MHz
UB 430-450 MHz
UC 450-480 MHz (Conventional UHF commercial radio band)
UD 470-512 MHz
UJ 380-400 MHz
VA 132-155 MHz
VB 150-175 MHz (Conventional VHF radio band)
VC 216-222 MHz (Positive Train Control)
EC 902-928 MHz (ISM Band)
ED 863-870 MHz
EF 779-787 MHz
The variety of band options is available because may countries and many government agencies utilize many different frequency bands. If for some reason, you need a radio in a different band, feel free to contact Raveon sales and request a custom band.
The M22 and M21 Tech Series enclosure Technical Manual. click here: RV-M21_andM22_TechManual (PDF)